NC State Extension Master Gardener Logos and Marketing
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The NC State Extension Master GardenerSM (EMG) program is a signature program of NC State Extension.
The official NC State EMG logo is available in two base configurations (stacked and horizontal). Use the appropriate version for your project.
- Download NC State Extension Master Gardener Logos
- View Program Logo and Visual Identity Overview Sheet
- View Examples of Appropriate Logo / Graphic Usage
Program Service Marks and Logo Guidelines
The NC State EMG name and logo are registered service marks of NC State University. Anyone wishing to use them must obtain permission from the university prior to use.
Upon receiving authorization, anyone using the NC State EMG name and logo must adhere to all NC State Extension brand standards, relating to both the development of all EMG program materials, as well as the manner in which the program is presented in the marketplace (e.g. messaging, tone, etc.).
- Visit Using the NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Service Marks and Logo for detailed information on service marks and requirements.
- Review NC State Extension Visual Identity / Logo Guidelines for more details regarding sizing and placement.
- View Examples of Appropriate Branding / Logo Usage for NC State EMG in various scenarios (attire, handout, newsletter, website, etc.), including when co-branding with partners.
While there are thousands of promotional companies, online shirt shops and local printers, the use of NC State’s trademarks (e.g. logos and wordmarks) on products or promotional items requires the product be produced by a licensed vendor.
View a list of pre-approved vendors that are licensed to use the university trademarks on apparel and promotional items.
In addition to NC State Extension Master Gardener, you can find detailed information on other program-related service marks at NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Service Marks and Logo.
Please review the NC State Trademark Licensing website for more information.
We have created an online store for simplified ordering of select NC State Extension Master Gardener apparel and marketing items. This resource is a work in progress and will continue to expand going forward, so check back often for updates.
You are not required to order Extension Master Gardener materials through this site, as long as you utilize an approved vendor as detailed above.
- View List of County Program Logo Folders
Each county folder includes various logo files you can download.
- View List of County Association Logo Folders
Each county folder includes various logo files you can download.
If you have a chartered county association that is not listed, or wish to discuss a local charter, please contact the State Program Coordinator.
Visit NC State Extension Master Gardener | Program Service Marks and Logo for detailed information on service marks and requirements regarding logo usage. Review Examples of Appropriate Branding / Logo Usage for reference.
Watering Can Icon
You should use the watering can icon as a design element/supplemental graphic to add visual interest to program apparel, printed materials and web content – all files are available in the folder linked below.
Refer to the following guidelines before using program icons:
- Icons are supplemental graphics meant to enhance a piece; they aren’t logos and should not be used in direct conjunction with a logo
- The default / recommended color is Wolfpack Red, though it’s acceptable to use the icon in any color from the files provided (see university color palette for reference)
- Use only one color per icon, and icons should not be altered or combined
- Visit NC State Extension’s brand site for more info on using other approved icons
- Use only the version of the watering can icon provided on this site – no other version should be used in any new materials or resources
Find more on-brand icons to add visual interest and illustrate important facts and figures within your web and print content.
The EMG tagline is a design element to add visual interest and help audiences quickly understand the services and value offered by the EMG program. It may be used on EMG program apparel, printed materials and web content. The tagline is available as the following file types:
- PNG files are best for general use. They have transparent backgrounds. There is one with black text and one with white text.
- EPS is a scalable vector file that requires special software to use (Adobe Illustrator). Use this for larger images or for print where you don’t want to lose resolution when increasing or decreasing the size.
- SVG is a newer specialized file type. It’s also a scalable vector image, but is recognized, rendered, and editable in several web interfaces.
Refer to the following guidelines when using the EMG tagline:
- Use only the version of the tagline provided on this site.
- Do not modify the tagline, create other versions or combine it with other icons.
- The tagline is a supplemental graphic meant to enhance a piece; it is not a logo and should not be used in place of the EMG logo.
- The tagline should not be used in direct conjunction with (i.e. right beside) the EMG, Extension or other logos.
- Find more on-brand icons to add visual interest and illustrate important facts and figures within your web and print content.
We’re here to help however we can. Please contact the State Program Coordinator with questions regarding NC State Extension Master Gardener program branding.
Explore more resources and guidelines related to the NC State Extension brand.