Extension Strategic Priorities Resources
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
NC State Extension’s strategic plan for 2030 revolves around four organizational priorities that will help position us for long-term success:
- Expand Extension Awareness and Utilization Throughout the State
- Provide High-Caliber, Impactful Programming That Meets the Needs of Local Communities
- Position NC State Extension as a Premier Employer in North Carolina
- Enhance the Impact and Benefit of Extension Communications
Each strategic priority involves specific goals, key initiatives and success metrics, which reflect timely opportunities to grow, optimize our impacts and better address key stakeholder needs. The priorities apply to all of our people and programs, and will help guide our work across the state in the coming years.
Strategic Priorities Resources
It’s imperative that our experts and partners recognize NC State Extension’s priorities, and understand how they apply to our programs and efforts. To help illustrate how these priorities “fit” within Extension, we’ve developed a batch of resources below:
A sampling of resources includes:
- 1-Pager Handout
- Can be printed locally for sharing with partners, county commissioners or others
- Slide (16×9)
- Can be displayed on campus or county center screens, used in presentations or posted on websites
- Poster (18×24)
- Can be hung in community areas in county, department or other facilities to reinforce the priorities
- Planning Worksheet (View as PDF)
- Can be used to flesh out ideas or notes for aligning your local efforts with the strategic priorities
What Does This Mean for Me?
Ultimately, these priorities represent our destinations for 2030. Moving forward, the question we want everyone to regularly ask is, “How can I help Extension get there?”
Find some initial tips and guidance below:
- Start by reviewing the goals, key initiatives and success metrics associated with each priority in our strategic plan. Note that you are not responsible for single-handedly achieving each and every Extension goal!
- Rather than envisioning yourself as a pilot flying the Extension plane solo, imagine yourself as part of a rowing crew, where you’re working in unison with many others to help us cross the finish line.
- Think of our organizational priorities as a lens through which programming decisions should be made. Based on your area of expertise or program area, for example, which goals within each priority best align with your efforts?
- From another angle, which goals does your programming naturally align with and support? Moving forward, how can you adjust or develop plans to more directly support our goals and priorities?
- Use the strategic priorities planning worksheet to write out your ideas and begin connecting the dots between your efforts and our organizational priorities.
More Help With Local Planning
Our local marketing planning resources can help you define local goals that meet stakeholder needs and support organizational priorities, as well as identify target audiences, map out tactics and capture meaningful metrics.
If you’re uncertain about what’s expected or how to proceed, don’t worry! Our strategic priorities and new resources will be discussed in detail during each of Extension’s 2023 district conferences (view schedule). And additional info and guidance will be shared over the coming weeks.
In the meantime, please review the strategic priorities materials and discover more about NC State Extension’s 2030 strategic plan.